STAND’s #campusequality webinar will look at what is (and isn’t) being done in order to promote equality on college campuses across Ireland.
About this Event
At this #campusequality webinar, you'll hear from student representatives :
- Leighton Gray, University College Dublin SU LGBTQ+ Campaign Coordinator
- Hannah Eniola Odunjo, University College Cork Student Ambassador
- Tawnya Foster, IT Carlow SU Welfare + Equality Officer
- Ruairi Weiner, Maynooth University SU Cultural Affairs and Irish Language Officer
- Luke Daly, TU Dublin Blanchardstown SU Deputy President
The moderator will be Megan Reilly, USI Vice-President for Equality and Citizenship.
We'll cover the following topics:
-What equality means
-How we can measure the progress of equality
-How Irish 3rd level campuses are performing when it comes to equality
-How to practice equality in your own institution
-How student representatives and students can play a role in shaping the equality culture of institutions
-How we can move away from tokenism towards true representation
Questions will be taken from participants following the panel discussion.
The webinar is totally free to attend, but you must register to take part and receive the sign-up link!
For more on the work that STAND does with third level students, visit www.stand.ie
Sign-up here: https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/panel-discussion-are-irish-colleges-places-of-equality-tickets-96952488503