What is it?
The Bronze Award is the first and shortest Global Citizen Award.
- Accessible activities
- Low time commitment
- Achievable for all volunteers!
Who is it for?
All returned volunteers (18+) in Ireland with a minimum of 3 weeks overseas volunteer experience. Your 3 weeks can be built up cumulatively allowing your award to be reflective without restriction on when you went volunteering.
What do you get?
- Champion global justice issues that you are passionate about.
- Increased knowledge about the Sustainable Development Goals and development issues.
- Social media, advocacy and reflective post writing skills.
- Network and make connections with like-minded people.
- Obtain a personal achievement
- Awardees will be recognised at a National Award Ceremony and become a part of the GCA Alumni Network.
What is involved?
There are 5 steps you must achieve to attain the Bronze Award
Complete pre-departure and debriefing workshops
Minimum 3 weeks volunteering overseas with Irish Volunteer Sending Organisation
Develop your Reflective Posts – 4 for GOLD 2 for SILVER or 1 for BRONZE
Complete Action Projects when home – 2 GOLD, 2 for SILVER, 1 for BRONZE
Complete Final Report Form and Submit!
Registering for the Global Citizen award is easy! Simply choose your award, Bronze, Silver or Gold.
Alternatively, contact your volunteer sending organisation to find out if they are participating in the Award.
Once you have registered you will need to plan and complete your Award actions with the help of your mentor and the free online supports. Be sure to keep us posted on your Award journey and actions here at home with pictures and updates to the GCA online community and by using #GCAIreland.
All Bronze Blogs